| Since its founding in 1993, Global Athletics & Marketing, Inc., has grown into one of the premier athlete representation and event-marketing firms in the world. From the sprints to the marathon, from the hurdles to the pole vault, from Arkansas to Addis Ababa to Shanghai, some of the most-respected and successful athletes in the sport call GA&M home.
Global Athletics & Marketing stands for quality, with two-thirds of its athletes competing in the 2004 Olympic Games. In all, 22 GA&M clients have won Olympic or World Championship medals in 25 different events – including five gold medals in Athens alone. GA&M athletes have also won more than 150 national championships and 15 major marathons, including Boston, London, Tokyo and Fukuoka. Currently, GA&M athletes lay claim to five World Records.
Client services include:
- Endorsements/Contract Negotiations: GA&M secures endorsements for every athlete. Currently, all of GA&M’s athletes have promotional agreements with a major shoe and apparel company, and the firm also works to secure additional endorsements. Contract negotiation for our clients is one of the strongest aspects of GA&M’s business. We have strong relationships with every major shoe company and have secured lucrative contracts for all of our top athletes with Nike, adidas, Reebok, Mizuno and Asics. Contracts for GA&M athletes will total more than $5 million in 2007.
- Marketing: GA&M is the only athlete representation firm in the sport of track and field that employs a full-time Director of Marketing to solicit corporate sponsors and partners exclusively for our clients and events. We specialize in securing “outside-the-box” opportunities for our athletes. These include promotional agreements with global corporations such as McDonald’s and Xerox; appearances on network TV game and talk shows; visits to the White House and appearances as guest speakers.
- Public Relations: GA&M is one of the few athlete-representation firms in the world with an experienced Director of Media Relations on staff to promote its athletes and, equally important, to help them find the best ways to promote themselves. GA&M athletes frequently receive worldwide press exposure and have been featured in such mainstream publications as GQ Magazine, The New Yorker, Sports Illustrated, L’Equipe, Vanity Fair, London Times, London Daily Mail, the New York Times and USA Today.
- Competition Entry: GA&M is proud of our record in securing entry for our clients into the world’s most sought-after competitions. Because of our outstanding relationships with some of the top meet directors in Europe and throughout the world, GA&M has a remarkable record of getting its athletes into the most prestigious events in the sport.
- Professional Development and Guidance. GA&M works closely with coaches, trainers and administrators from all over the world to help guide the career of each athlete.
GA&M also owns two of the top track-and-field events in the United States: the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix and the adidas Grand Prix.